Sunday, April 15, 2012

Find Your Howl

In the article Find Your Howl, Jonathon Flaum tells two different stories dealing with the same subject: finding your true self.  For this, I will summarize his part II of the article


In the article, Jonathon starts off by summarizing the previous story about Mumon the wolf in his own words.  After that paragraph he goes on to begin his reminiscent series of his fifth grade days.  Here he talks about a student by the name of Nick Thompson and his teacher Ms. Horowitz.  He isn't too fond of his teacher and even still after so many years later.  Nick writes a story about a tiger, which ends up being filled with deeper meaning and he becomes the teaches favorite and the only one to get an A on the assignment.




There is apart of the song US Placers by Child Rebel Soldier that speaks to me as a creative person and it is the hook of the song.  It goes as quoted: (But they love it and they love it). The more you try to erase me, (And they love it and they love it). The more that I appear, oh, (and they love it and they love it). The more, the more you try the eraser, The more that You appear.  This part of the song speaks to me the most because that is how I would like to be as an artist in the media world.  I want to be the one that everyone loves to hear about all in a good way.  I want to be the one that people want to not see all the time, but cannot avoid me because of my popularity. 
Keeping this quote in mind gives me inspiration to continue to be the best that I can in what I do and to never give up trying.  The song is performed by two of my favorite rappers, Kanye West and Lupe Fiasco, and it also features one of my favorite producers, Pharrell.  I look up to these guys to be as good and as great as them one day.  I want to be an inspiration to other upcoming artists like they are to ones coming up now.  If I am lucky, I will be able to work with them on some of my future projects.
Another reason this line inspires me, not only because of the context of the lyric, but also the way the song is made.  The instruments are used in such a unique way that it makes you want to listen to the song over and over until you learn all the words yourself.
Overall, the song is great and it is one of my inspirations to continue to be an artist with media, and I hope to go as far as I possibly can during my lifetime.

No comments:

Post a Comment